Carbon and stainless steel tubes for the energy sector
Marcegaglia's competence and expertise in steel manufacturing comes to the energy sector with a dedicated range of carbon and stainless steel tubes.
Carbon steel ERW tubes for pressure purposes include applications for the heat exchanger industry, heating and ventilation, gas and water line pipes, district heating and chemical industry among others.
Among quality systems involved in the production of tubes and pipes:
- ISO/TS 29001:2011 (petroleum, petrochemical, natural gas)
- AD 2000-W0/PED for tubes for pressure purposes
- EN 10217-1(tubes for pressure purposes, for use at room temperature)
- EN 10217-2 (tubes for pressure purposes, for use at high temperatures)
- EN 10208-1 (steel pipes for pipelines for combustible fluids)
- EN 10224 (tubes for the conveyance of water and other aqueous liquids)
Stainless steel welded tubes for heat exchangers in the energy sector are manufactured in Italy at Marcegaglia Forlì, the world's largest stainless steel tube manufacturing unit, that hosts 33 tube mills and operates in accordance to several certifications, including:
- DVGW for water and gas pipes
- TÜV-PED / TÜV AD-2000 for pressure equipment